Monday, January 7, 2008

A Colony Wars Update by the Malzias Family

At last, a CW that is not boring. There was much more action,more lag, and more pwnage.

I missed the first few minutes of war, but after I joined it was evident that the sleeping dragon had awoken; Illuminati was back in the colony game. This war is probably THE most exciting CW I've attended so far.

At the end of the war, the server's largest factions all managed to gain colonies except Illuminati. WrathOfGod, GuardsOfHonour, Vradical and Halcyon are now the proud owners of numerous colonies.

It was obvious that the powers had shifted to the abovementioned factions. Illuminati's two colonies were quickly overcome and taken.

What I did in this war

Well, I started off with helping to take EL Canon de Diabolica from Illuminati's clutches. We stayed on under orders as another team went to retake our colonies from the previous war. After that, we went on the defensive, guarding our hard-earned trophies ferociously. I was stationed at El Canon de Diabolica, but not before I warped over to other colonies to help defend or ressurect fallen factionmates. I must say the fight at Via Fluvial was intense; many dead members of both WrathOfGod and Illuminati dotted the land. I managed to add to Illuminati's bodycount with my Irawan and my Fighter. I was slightly disappointed; after their hiatus I expected more of a challenge from Illuminati, the one of the three oldest factions still in the colonies race, along with WoG and Vradical. I expected them to be decked fully in elites, but I managed to kill several of them with a single ACR from a +5 Eternal Gaiter. So much for raiding.

Don't get me wrong, certain Illuminati members were as 1337 as they come; I hit Mew's Elementalist with Mortal Eternity and I barely managed to kill her. I also chased someone(I can't remember whose) fighter all over the place, hit him with Atomic Crazy Rush, Dragon Kick, Vortex Slash and Stunning Skewer and I didn't kill him.

El Canon was constantly under skirmish attacks from Illuminati, but we easily overwhelmed them with numbers. Near the end of the war was when the party really started; a whole army of Illuminati's finest charged forward, killing WoG members left, right and centre. Thankfully, members stationed at other colonies heard our call for help and warped there; it was over as soon as it began.

Congrats to WoG, GoH, Vrad and Halc, and +1 for WoG leader aLKayeL for his excellent leadership.(Not tyrannical. Forceful :P)

No comments: